Gina Michelle Wes Death – The identity of the 50-year-old woman who tragically lost her life in the apartment fire on Wednesday night has been disclosed by Clarksville Fire Rescue. The department has confirmed that Gina Michelle Wes was the individual who perished in the devastating incident on Darlene Drive.
“At this difficult time, we extend our deepest condolences to Gina Wes’ family and friends, whose lives have been irreversibly impacted by this heart-wrenching loss. We urge the community to join us in supporting and comforting those affected by this tragic event, offering our love, sympathy, and any assistance they may require during this trying period.”
At about 9:42 p.m., fire crews responded to the apartment fire and found light smoke coming from the front door of an apartment in the tri-plex. Wes was found in the apartment, where she succumbed to her injuries. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
A neighbor smelled smoke and heard the fire alarm going off and called 911. CFR said the neighbor knocked on the door trying to get the neighbor to come to the door. “They went inside the apartment and saw the smoke and smoldering fire. Firefighters arrived on the scene, performed a quick search at 9:47 p.m., and quickly brought the fire under control,” CFR said.